Get Private Hire Insurance quotes quickly and easily. Click the red button to get started now!
- All Types of Taxis Covered
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Public Liability
- Loss of Licence
- Instant Documentation
Private Hire Taxi Insurance
When you drive a taxi for a living it’s essential that you get it covered with taxi insurance. The good news is that private hire taxis are typically the cheapest to insure. Because they’re only available to be pre-booked this means there is less risk and therefore insurance providers can offer you a cheaper policy. Getting quotes is always essential to ensure that you get a good deal. If you’re not already familiar with the different types of private hire insurance it’s a very good idea to read through the information on this page so you’ll be better informed. You’ll also find some great tips on how to save money.
Some key factors that determine cost include –
- Your Age & Driving Experience – These are two factors that will have a big impact on the cost of your policy. Most taxi firms will not employ drivers who are under 25 years of age due to the insurance costs.
- Value of Your Vehicle – The value of your vehicle is another important factor when it comes to price. If you’re an owner driver then it’s a good idea to buy vehicles that are modestly price and have a good reputation for reliability.
- Level of Cover – The level of cover you take out will of course impact cost too.
Types of Cover
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide complete protection for your taxi when you’re in a collision. It doesn’t matter if you are liable or not, you will be protected.
- Third Party Only – This type of policy will only protect third parties i.e your passengers and other vehicles when you’re involved in a collision.
- Public Liability – Public liability insurance is always important for taxi drivers. Liability claims are now commonplace and can be very costly if they go against you.
- Loss of Licence – If you lose your licence for a period of time and are unable to work then you will be compensated for that period of time.
- Personal Injury – If you are attacked by a passenger whilst working then personal injury will compensate you.
How You Can Save Money
- Pay Annually – If you’re able to pay for your policy on a annual rather than monthly basis you could save a good amount of money. Whilst you will obviously pay more upfront, you save in the long run.
- Get Multiple Quotes – Getting multiple quotes allows you to compare them against each other and see which insurance provider offers you the best deal.
Get Quotes Easily
Getting multiple quotes for private hire insurance is quick and easy. Just click the red button below and you can have access to your highly tailored quotes within minutes!